Rules & Regulations
All rules set forth for the AZUCAR HIGH HEEL RACE at Miami Beach Gay Pride have been established in order to protect the safety of our participants and keep us in good standing with our governing body. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated in helping everyone to enjoy race day.
1. No wheeled vehicles are allowed on the course at any time. All bikes, strollers, motorcycles, cars, etc. will be immediately removed by race personnel.
2. Only registered participants may be on the course during the race. Spectators are asked to remain on the sidewalks.
3. Headphones ARE NOT permitted on the course due to safety issues and to hear final instructions.
4. Participants must stay on the official course at all times during the race. It is the responsibility of each participant to know the course and follow the appropriate instructions and signage. Participants who leave the course will automatically be disqualified. Please see the course map to learn the course before race day.
5. Only participants wearing the provided number tag will be timed and included in the final race results.
6. All participants must wear high heels no less than 3 inches. Race officials will check and measure the high heels prior to the start of the race.
7. All participants are asked to assemble at the staging area 30 minutes before the race. Directions and staging information are provided on the course map. Please see the course map to learn the course before race day.
8. Pre-registration should be used by all participants since there will be a limited amount of on-site registration available on the day of the race.
Visit our website at www.azucarmiami.com
AZUCAR HIGH HEEL RACE
1st $ 500.00
2nd $ 250.00
3rd $ 125.00
4th $ 75.00
Prize Money Guidelines
The participant will be awarded prize money in only the High Heel Race.
Cash awards are based on gun time not chip time.
Runners must be officially registered for an event in order to qualify for any awards or cash prizes.
Finish Line Info
Remember, your number tag is part of the verification process, so there is no tag removal. You may pick up your medal and prize at the Judge’s Stand payment of your prize will be by check.
1. What are the age requirements for registering for the AZUCAR HIGH HEEL RACE?
Participants must be 18.
2. What is included in my registration?
Every participant will receive their number to wear during the race. Also, there is water and Monster at our Staging Station on course, and refreshments at the finish line.
3. This is my first running event. Can you direct me to a training program?
Please visit our website under Runners Info - Training - for several training program options as well as other helpful tools such as training tips and pace charts.
4. I am traveling from another town. Can you direct me to your Host Hotel as well as other hotels in close proximity to the start and finish line area?
Please visit http://miamibeachgaypride.com/
5. How do you time the events?
The AZUCAR HIGH HEEL RACE will use a group of Judge’s that will confirm you reached the finish line and the time they did it in.
6. Are strollers or baby joggers allowed on the course?
NO. Strollers and baby joggers are prohibited.
7. Does AZUCAR Night Club own this event?
8. I have a friend who would like to volunteer, can they help?
YES! We always need an extra set of hands! Please visit our website to learn about the opportunities available for volunteers.
9. How many water stations are there on the course? What type of energy drink and gel are available?
We have two (2) Water Station locations can be found on our course map.
10. What is the temperature usually like on race day in Miami Beach?
On April 14, the average high temperature in Miami Beach is 75 degrees Fahrenheit. The low is 68 degrees. For more details, please click here for the National Weather Service page.
By indicating your acceptance, you understand, agree, warrant and covenant as follows:
Liability and Publicity release: I know that running a road race is a potentially hazardous activity. I should not enter and run unless I am medically able to do so and properly trained. I assume all risks associated with running in this event including, but not limited to: falls, contact with other participants, the effects of weather, traffic, and course conditions, and waive any and all claims which I might have based on any of those and other risks typical in running a road race. I acknowledge all such risks are known and understood by me. I am aware that medical support for this event will be provided by volunteer personnel who may be called upon to provide assistance, including first aid, to me and others during the event.
I authorize any such volunteer to assist me and/or to provide such assistance as, in opinion of such person may be necessary or appropriate. I understand that neither AZUCAR HIGH HEEL RACE, ENTERTAINMENT GLOBAL GROUP, Inc. aka AZUCAR NIGHT CLUBS or Miami Beach Pride, Inc. nor any of its supporting sponsors assume any responsibility or liability with respect to my participation in this event. I agree, however, to abide by all decisions of any race official relative to my ability to safely complete the run. I hereby waive and release AZUCAR HIGH HEEL RACE, ENTERTAINMENT GLOBAL GROUP, Inc. aka AZUCAR NIGHT CLUBS or Miami Beach Pride, Inc., and all sponsors, representatives (including volunteers), independent contractors and employees of any or all of them, from any or all claims or liabilities of any kind arising out of my participation in this event even though liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons named in this waiver.
I further give my permission for the free use of my name, voice recording, or photo in any print account broadcast, telecast, or commercial advertising of the event.
I also acknowledge that I am not an employee of AZUCAR NIGHT CLUB or any other corporation related to AZUCAR NIGHT CLUB. Furthermore I am not a direct or indirect relative either by blood or by marriage, partnership or relationship with any employee of AZUCAR NIGHT CLUB or any other corporation related to AZUCAR NIGHT CLUB.
By filling out and submitting this preregistration form I have agreed to all terms and conditions set forth in the AZUCAR HIGH HEEL RACE.